3.01.2010

Gerry Garcia (1953 - 2010)

photo from Tuldok Animation on Multiply

While I was checking on the internet especially my blog, I recently found out in another Blogger website Usapang Komiks here. I'm really sad about the news. Why? Because the man behind Isko: Adventures in Animasia (1995), Ibong Adarna (1997) and the Panday animated-series passed away due to a heart ailment last February 12.

I don't know if I'm sure about saying this but we lost the greatest Filipino animator who first introduced Philippine animation to the theaters. Up until now, only Filipino animators know that Gerry Garcia is a legendary animator in our country. He even tried to defend his legacy (Ibong Adarna) after he found out in Rated K that Urduja is a first-ever full-length Filipino animated feature film in year 2008. But in the end, it is still in dispute and Gerry Garcia believes that "History is on his side".

For more information, click this article here. Don't forget to check out Tuldok Animation's Multiply website here which contain photos of Gerry Garcia and his last animation exhibit in the Philippines.

Condolence to the families of Gerry Garcia...

No comments: