Teenage Shows Before Adik Sa'Yo
I'm not sure if I'm mistaken that Adik Sa'Yo is a teenage show despite that the main characters are adults now. Okay, okay I admit I never focus on this show because it airs every weeknights on GMA as a part of Telebabad. It reminds me that Adik Sa'Yo can be somehow considered a teenage show because there is romance, conflicts and soulmates. Before that show, there are many shows for youth were aired in (mostly) in GMA or ABS-CBN and scheduled during afternoon of a certain day. For now, it seems that youth-oriented shows will still be recognized although not much as strong as before.
Anyway, here are some list of youth-oriented shows which aired in GMA and ABS-CBN start from 90's. Lists referenced from Wikipedia.
Growing Up (Produced by Viva Television, 1997-1998, re-aired 2000-2001)
- it was re-aired during the 50th anniversary of GMA.
T.G.I.S and T.G.I.F. (Produced by Viva Television, 1995-1999, re-aired 2000-2001)
- after the popularity of Grown Up, T.G.I.S (Thank God It's Saturday) might be considered as a spin-off. It was aired every Saturday afternoons. The show turned into T.G.I.F. because it moved to Fridays. T.G.I.S was re-aired on GMA as a part of 50th anniversary of GMA.
Campus Romance (1997-1999)
- aired every weekday afternoons before Anime Swak Pack.
Love to Love (2002-2006)
Boys Next Door (2007-2008)
StarStruck (2003-2007, returns in 2009)
- sometime around this year, StarStruck will return this year for new 5th season.
Ang TV (1992-1996; reaired 2007)
- can be considered one of the most popular youth-oriented show during early 90's. The show made recognized some popular artists like Jolina Magdangal and Paolo Contis, and spawn their own movie sitcom. Ang TV 2 was aired around 2001 after the success of first season. Ang TV was also the inspiration for airing Goin' Bulilit.
Tabing Ilog (1999-2003)
F.L.A.M.E.S. (early 90's?)
- it was based on a game and debut into a teenage show. It was aired in the afternoons.
- it made into a movie entitled Gimik: the Reunion. Not to be mistaken in G-mik which was another show aired in year 1999 to 2002.
-probably one of the shows where Bea Alonzo started in showbiz career.
Let's Go (2006-2007)
Gokada Go! (2007)
- sequel of Let's Go
Star Magic Presents series (2006-2008)